Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Open Ended

Yesterday I finished my internship at Seedco Financial. It was a great couple of months. We had planned to go celebrate at Zaytoons, our new favorite restaurant (delicious middle eastern food in Prospect Heights), but good friends surprised us at the last minute with tickets to the US Open! Aubrey got box tickets through work, but his wife Andrea (five months pregnant) wasn't feeling up to the trek to Flushing Meadows. So that three hour match between Venus Williams and Vera Dushevina last night--- we were there! And up close, too. Andy Roddick played Bjorn Phau in the second match of the evening, but we left at 11:30- after the first set.
Next week we're going for a day session during the fourth round with some other good friends, Meg and Gabe. Can't wait to go back. We are really getting spoiled this year.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for your congratulations, crys! I'm going to be staying for a little bit with my cousin Katie in Manhattan this winter-- maybe we can go to a Thai restaurant together and I can show off :-) Anyways, I'm glad to find your blog. Enjoy your tennis, it looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete